Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Testing 1-2-3

Doodle has a big day with three tests:
  • The last spelling quiz of the year (not a big deal, she's a terrific speller)
  • A science quiz that she is somewhat unprepared for (she thought it wasn't until Friday)
  • A soccer skills evaluation this evening. Her coach wants to move the team up to the next level of competition next year, and the kids need to pass a test in order to be able to play at that level. I'm a bit nervous because Doodle has only been playing for two seasons. Recently she has really accelerated her game, so I hope it shows this evening. Supposedly the key to passing the test, done as a 4 on 4 scrimmage, is to keep moving and to be aggressive. I think her coach and I have drilled that into her head enough, but in general she's better at the aggressive part than the moving part. There will be about 150 kids at the evaluation, including six of her teammates. I'll have my fingers and toes crossed and will be bundled up (it's only supposed to be about 60 degrees today).

No comments: