Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Season Ends, Another Begins

Doodle's soccer team played in their final indoor game on Sunday and practice begins for the spring season this Sunday. I can't wait for the spring season to begin so I can find out if the girls' new found goal making ability will translate to the outdoor field and so I can try out my new zoom lens. In the fall season, the team scored 5 games in 8 games; they also only allowed 5 goals. In the indoor season, they scored 44 goals in 7 games, finishing second with a record of 5-2. (I'm too lazy to look up how many goals were scored against them, but it wasn't too many.) They lost to the same team twice: a team of girls who were a year older and much, much larger. My friend/the coach's wife has asked me to shoot the spring games so that we can present each girl with a photo of herself and of the team at the end of the season. Some of those photos may be showing up here if they turn out well.

Tootle's team probably won't start practicing for a few more weeks. Once the schedules are released, I'll get to create my Excel chart of their games so I can see how many conflict. I hope we have better luck this season; I missed more than half of Tootle's games in the fall. I love the determination of Doodle's team and the joy of Tootle and her teammates. Tootle's Marshmallows celebrate every goal with hugs and high fives. They often score 10-plus goals in a game, but each is cause for celebration.

No comments: