Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Conversation That Made Me Smile

I had to take Doodle for an emergency orthodontist appointment early this morning because one of her wires broke. On the way home, Doodle called Tootle, who wasn't awake yet when we left, and this is what I heard:

I love you. Let's pretend we're hugging each other over the phone.

Pause.

I said let's pretend we're hugging each other.

Pause.

Oh alright. What are you having for breakfast?

Pause.

Do you like the Frosted Flakes at home better or the ones at the hotel?

Pause.

You like the hotel ones because they come in a little box? I love you. Bye.

Doodle reported to me that Tootle told her that she loved her too, but she didn't like the idea of the virtual hug. Ten minutes later, when we got home, they had a real hug.

No comments: