Saturday, March 22, 2008

Not So Hoppy Easter


I took Tootle to the egg hunt at church today, and later we colored eggs at home. We aren't doing much hopping to and from Easter related events this weekend. Doodle has the flu, despite the supposed protection of the flu shot. Her fever rose to 105.7 yesterday (notice the commemorative egg), which prompted a quick trip to the doctor's office. The nurse swabbed her nose and the test was positive. Doodle hasn't had the flu since she was three; that time she lost four pounds. It takes Doodle a long time to gain that much weight so I hope that she doesn't drop four pounds again. She is still miserable, but we're hopeful that Tamiflu will at least cut the duration of the virus by a day or two. I have my fingers crossed that Tootle doesn't get sick too.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm enjoying reading through your archives. I have a 9-year-old daughter whom I'm raising alone (my husband died in 2006), so I can identify with quite a bit. I hope your poor little flu patient is feeling better soon -- being sick on holidays is brutal!

RamblingMother said...

yuck flu. Hope she is well soon

Beverly