Monday, February 23, 2009

Sally




I finally took a few minutes to learn how to use the Tom Tom that my mom got me for Christmas. I used it for the first time when my mom and I drove to Pennsylvania for Aunt Mary's funeral last week. At the lunch that followed the service, I found out that the vast majority of my relatives have names for their GPS devices (Garmina, Sophie, etc.). When I told the girls, Doodle quickly suggested the name Sally. I agreed, stunned by her brilliance in choosing a name that means "to set out on a trip or excursion" in verb form. Thus far, I'm impressed with Sally's ability to reset the course when I don't quite follow her instructions. She's a kinder, gentler back seat driver than my family members.

2 comments:

Donna said...

That is so hysterical...my sister and her family named their GPS "Sally" too!

Unknown said...

LOL I so want a GPS system. I love the name!