Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Fa la la la la

Tis the season. My shopping is nearly done, but we've done very little decorating. On Saturday morning I scrambled to locate our two advent calendars, our advent wreath, our advent candle, and of course the advent chocolate. Advent is the period of expectant waiting and preparation for the Christmas season, but this year it simply seems to be showing how very unprepared I am. I may have an advent wreath but there are no candles for it, so week 1 of advent went by without lighting the first candle. One nativity is in place, but I haven't displayed the bigger one yet, and I'm not sure where the Playmobil one is. Tootle was thrilled that I found this Playmobil house, and she has been playing with it daily. I'm stressing out that our cards haven't arrived yet; I want to get them in the mail soon. At least the girls are excited about the countdown to Christmas. They often consume their chocolate before breakfast each day! Perhaps I need to take a deep breath and start to see the season through their eyes. I think the view is a lot better from there.

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

I have the advent candles and no wreath. So we are just participating at church. I just ordered the cards for us. At least you have yours ordered. It will come together for you, I am sure.

beverly