Monday, January 21, 2008

Chinese Cuisine

I've spent way too much time in the last week trying out new Chinese recipes as I settle on a dish to take to an international potluck at Tootle's school. We love to make jiaozi but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep the dumplings warm, so I crossed that favorite off my list. Next I whipped up some wonton soup that I thought I could take in a crockpot: tasty but some of the wrappers exploded, resulting in floating balls of pork filling. Unacceptable. Finally tonight we made spring rolls. I baked the spring rolls, and I'm really happy with the result. The girls each ate two, even though I didn't bake them until after dinner. I think I've finally found the winning recipe. Now I just have to convince Tootle to wear her Chinese clothes for the parade of nations that is one of the highlights of the evening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your cooking attempts sound like mine! You will have to share your spring roll recipe!

Thanks for stopping by! Your daughters are beautiful!