Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for many things:

The Thanksgiving letter that Doodle wrote as a school assignment. It was touching and very written. I hope she gets an A.

The fact that both girls helped prepare the turkey dinner and that both said they were most thankful for family. Tootle is also thankful for Santa Claus.

My mom. Life would be much more difficult without her help.

My job. I have a lot of flexibility in work hours and like my work most of the time. It could be a lot worse.

Living in this country. Things are going to be a bit bumpy for awhile as we recover from the economic mess, but I'm so hopeful for the future.

We made these pilgrims and Native Americans this morning. One of Tootle's friends spent the morning playing at our house because her mom is recovering from surgery. These so called "village people" make me smile, and the girls giggled a lot as they made them and played with them. After stuffing ourselves, we went to see the movie Bolt. This evening Tootle and I finished a difficult puzzle she was working on, and Doodle and I put some new music on her ipod.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you. We do indeed have much to be thankful for.