Friday, January 23, 2009

Bullets



  • The performance of Simple Gifts that Doodle enjoyed so much during the inauguration ceremony was recorded. Apparently the instruments couldn't be kept in tune in such cold weather.

  • Despite the cold weather, we haven't had any measurable snow this winter. Tootle really wants to build a snowman, and I crave a cozy, quiet snow day.

  • Doodle's indoor soccer season has begun. In their first game, the team scored more goals (8) than they did during the entire fall season (5). They won 8-1. I like the speed of the indoor game but hate the netting that prevented me from taking decent photos.
  • We'll spend time this weekend cleaning the house for Chinese New Year. I'm going into Tootle's class next Friday to talk about CNY, read a book, do a craft, and have a parade.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a friend who coaches indoor soccer in CO. I didn't know such a thing existed before that!

Donna said...

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed about the inauguration string-sync thing...but I heard an interview with Yo-Yo Ma and he said it would have been a disaster had they played live.